Alam Impian Community Forum
Please register to Join Alamimpian Community Forum. 1 minutes registration
(name, email add & password only! Automatic activation)

Thank You

Alam Impian Community Forum

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Menu
Recommended By Forum

Share | 

Invisible Grille

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
halim

PostSubject: Invisible Grille   Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Has anyone heard of invisible grill?
it's made of tiny cables/rod..You can read/browse it here.

http://www.invisiblegrille.com

This type of grille looks nice and tidy, looks modern as well. However im not that confident with it, their selling point are:

1)pencuri will be curious with it, wondering why it looks to fragile and might wonder maybe something tricky behind it and cancel their intention to break in your house.
(i think to myself, maybe pencuri can think like that...but then they can also think the opposite way..like inviting them to come coz looks like easy target.)

2)they(invisible grille guy) said that every each of the cable/rod has wire that can be connected to alarm system. If any of the cable/rod is cut, the alarm will triggered.
(i wonder to myself if this is true, if every cable/rod has wire in it means that every each wire has to be connected to alarm-sound like kencing baik punye...if 1 window 1 wire ok la kot...or 1 pintu 1 wire...ni every each cable/rod..betul ke ni????...emmm).

I like the concept of this grille, tak menyemak kan mate...however i'm curious if this is true or if worth it to install.

What do you guys think?...have u heard any gossip...any story anywhere about this grille...????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shahrulizzan

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Grille   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 pm

halim, it looks very inviting but wonder what it needs to run.
kalau it runs on power, it surely has disadvantages eg outage by accident and otherwise.
Its metal counterpart is most likely to survive any ordeal.

just my 2 sen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zulfik

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Grille   Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am

Nampak cam menarik dari segi kekemasan tapi mungkin lebih sesuai kat condo. Harga pun slightly expensive dengar cite cuma tak berapa confident ngan idea of having these few small diameter rods that can really help prevent or deter theft.

Kalau nak kira alarm system memang dah ada pun at main entrances. So the idea nak hook up lagi grill alarm system to the existing alarm system may also produce some compatibility issue. In my opinion it's much better to have a much tougher grill design/materail (unlike these invisible grills) to complement the existing security features; i.e. normal alarm system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Grille   

Back to top Go down

Invisible Grille
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1